Here at My Baker we offer a wide range of summery cakes to complete your BBQ in style. Whether you want a showstopping centrepiece, or a palette-cleansing fruit-topped cake, we've got your summer sweets sorted.
Scroll through to browse our selected summer bakes as well as a guide on how to keep your cakes cool and fresh in the summer heat!
My Baker's Summer Selection
Our Featured Summer Cakes
This cake is perfect for any elegant summer occasion: birthday, engagement party, bridal shower, or even a baby shower! This fresh and seasonal cake has a moist lemon sponge, and completing the look is an array of seasonal fresh foliage.
Our heart melts for this deliciously light buttercream cake! An ode to everyone’s favourite ice cream. Undeniably sweet and cool, it’s complete with cones and frosting scoops in complimenting pastel colours. A delectably light layered sponge with smooth velvety buttercream is sandwiched within the cake’s interior. A perfect addition to any occasion for lovers of cake and ice cream!
Fruit Topped Summer Cakes
Fruit topped cakes are perfect for summer as they make the most of the freshest seasonal fruits at the peak of their ripeness and flavour. We've selected a few of our favourites:
Classic Summer Cakes
Not looking to break the bank? Our simple, elegant Classic Collection is just the job.
We've handpicked our most summery cupcakes, available in boxes of 12 or 24 and delivered right to your door
Keeping Your Cakes Cool This Summer
Here are our tips on cake storage in warm heat:
- Tip 1: Order your delivery for the day of your event
- Having your cake delivered the morning of your event keeps it fresh - this is especially important for cakes topped with fruit. Luckily for you, we offer delivery across the UK within 48 hours, so you can even be prepared for last minute barbeques and gatherings!
- Tip 2: Have your cake delivered straight to the venue
- Why take the risk of onward travel by taking your cake with you in a hot? We can deliver your cake straight to the venue for you so there is no hassle and no melting!
- Tip 2: Keep your cake in the fridge for as long as possible
- Buttercream is known to melt in the summer heat! To avoid your cake being mishapen, we recommend keeping your cake cool until you are ready to present it to your party. However, do take it out half an hour before serving.